The British Frozen Food Federation recently announced the recipients of the People Awards, which recognize individuals and teams who have brought a significant contribution to the frozen food industry.
Following BFFF’s Annual Business Conference, the award event took place at the Birmingham Hilton Metropole hotel.
The overall winners were selected from 14 categories across both retail and foodservice businesses including Business Transformation of the Year, Unsung Hero, Customer Champion and Apprentice of the Year. During this edition, the awards have seen new additions and category updates.
“Following such a successful launch year, it was great to see so many companies within the frozen food industry engaging in these awards for a second year and helping up champion the incredible talent that can be found across all areas of our industry,” said John Hyman, chief executive of BFFF. “The frozen food industry has set itself a GBP10bn growth target and is currently the fastest growing category in retail at +3.6% and we need this continued level of talent from our frozen food superstars to continue to drive the industry forward in its success,” Hyman went on.
Among the winners is Keepak Foodservice Solutions which was recognized with the Supply Chain/Logistics Team of the Year award for their commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility. The company provided Foodcloud with 5,280 meals for those in need, thus saving over EUR8,000 of food from landfill. Other awardees include:
- Unsung Hero: Mark Hardy, Apetito
- Charity and Community Champion: Lisa Hayes, Apetito
- Development Champion: Zoe Beauvoisin, Apetitio
- Operations Manager of the Year: Thomas Hunt, Hunts Foodservice
- Business Transformation of Year: Adam Smith, Iceland Manufacturing Ltd.
- Customer Champion: Naz Haq, Bidfood
- Marketer of the Year: Claire Hoyle, Birds Eye
- Innovation Team of the Year: The Innovation Team – Bidfood
- Purchaser of the Year: Rachel Hartwell, Bidfood
- Technical Champion: Kelly Orme, Caterforce
- Health and Safety Champion: Rob Ironmonger, Greenyard
- Rising Star: Daniel Morris, Billington Foodservice
- Apprentice of the Year: Alina Solomka, Iceland
The award event also presented Stephen Waugh, BFFF’s past president with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his entire contribution to the frozen food industry.
All entries well judged by a panel of six experts across the food and drink and HR industries.