Two thousand top buyers from all continents will arrive; thanks to the cooperation with ICE Agenzia (Italian Trade Commission) and a total investment of more than EUR3 million, and thanks also to the important contribution of the Government through the Ministry of Economic Development as part of “The Extraordinary Italian Taste” campaign promoting the Italian agri-food products. Concurrently to the fair the “World Food Research and Innovation Forum” and the Federalimentare annual meeting will be held.
“Cibus is a constantly growing exhibition – declared Gian Domenico Auricchio, Chairman of the Fiere di Parma – for the volume of business it generates, its international relevance also in figures: the number of exhibitors has grown by 11% compared to the previous edition and the exhibiting area have increased by 8%. The venue of the fair is ever more modern and functional: at the West entrance the CIBUSèITALIA pavilion presented at the Expo2015, with more than 1,300 square meters surface area, has been reassembled; the parking lots facing this entrance have been completely paved and the exterior of the pavilions has been renovated and modernized”.
Cibus continues its evolution from sector leading exhibition to a permanent platform for knowledge and promotion to sustain the Italian agri-food exports.
“Cibus 2016 is the finish line of years of work – stressed Fiere di Parma CEO Antonio Cellie – during which we have participated side by side with the Italian food companies in the most important international sector exhibitions (from Beijing to Bangkok, from Chicago to San Francisco), organized road shows (Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore) and meetings with the international buyers in the Cibus Market Check (from Moscow to New York, from São Paulo to Shanghai). The challenge in the years ahead is to turn Cibus into a permanent platform for promotion abroad, serving Made-in-Italy food companies and institutions. With 3,000 thousand exhibiting companies and all the flavours of the Italian food products, we will present to the world an extraordinary image of our wealth of know-how throughout all the supply chains”.
CIBUS 2016 Highlights
- Three thousand companies representing all product sectors: meats and cold meats, cheeses and dairy products, fresh and frozen delicatessen, pasta, preserves and sauces, confectionery and bakery products, ready-to- eat, beverages, typical and regional products, and more. Among the new proposals there is a section dedicated to fresh and very fresh products, one to seafood and one to certified Halal and Kosher products (www.cibus.it).
- Cibus will present hundreds of product innovations, evidencing the great dynamism of the Italian industry which aims at gaining new positions in foreign markets, and contribute to the relaunch of family consumption in Italy. Offers of organic, gluten free and vegan products are growing, as well as the use of environment-friendly packaging. Detailed information on the new products will be available from May 6 on Cibus website.
- Federalimentare is always a significant presence with its annual meeting at Cibus (on May 9 at 2 PM) and the organization of various events: EcoTrophelia Italia 2016, the contest for innovation and sustainability of food products for Italian university students; the “Schools and Companies Together for a Certified Food Education” workshop; the GREEN PMI – GESCO workshop; the FOODWARD meeting.
Focus on Retail and Foodservice
- Coop Italian Food is a booth in which Coop presents itself as a link between the Italian agri-food companies and international buyers interested in the real made-in-Italy products;
- The Gdo Week space will host workshops every day with foreign retailers to get to know their way to approach Made-in-Italy products, the products they are interested in, the way they display products on their shelves;
- A conference on “Store Brand: The engine of Italian Food Growth”, organized by Food Magazine;
- The workshop “Retail Information & Design”, in cooperation with Celfa and RetailWatch.it on solutions and technologies for the evolution of the shopping experience. How can the shopping experience be changed through the interaction of the physical point of sale with digital technology;
- The conference on “Promotion Overload”, solutions to escape from the trap of never ending promotions, organized by Nielsen and the University of Parma
- Two events are dedicated to the topic of Eating Out: “Trends of the organized F&B offer catering and Food Service”, organized by Edifis; “Identity Food in Risto-Retail” is the title of the research conducted by Kiki Lab – Ebeltolft Italy, which analyses trends and the most interesting concepts of retail stores restaurants combining sale and consumption.
- The 2016 edition of “Planet Nutrition” will be held on May 12, from 9:30 to 5 PM, with the title “Foods: Myths and Controversies”, dedicated to the hotly debated themes of gluten sensitivity and lipids in food.