At Surgital, surprises never end! Since September 2018, many new products have enriched the range offered by Laboratorio Tortellini®, Surgital’s first brand of deep-frozen fresh pasta for the restaurants and catering sector.
The company has launched a set of brand-new products:
- New Sfoglia Antica. The future is an old story: protagonist among the surprises offered by Laboratorio Tortellini® is the new Sfoglia Antica, a gently veined dough sheet like the one obtained with a rolling pin, softer and more golden than ever, which withstands the intensity of professional cooking, guaranteeing an excellent cookability.
- Barn eggs. Another important news concerns the eggs, which we collect from barn-raised hens for all types of pasta dough produced under the brand name Laboratorio Tortellini®.
- New products. From Gnocchi Caserecci with beet to new versions of traditional products like Raviolacci with ‘nduja pork sausage and Pecorino Romano DOP cheese, Girasoli with mascarpone and walnuts, Fiocchi® with apple and cinnamon, and Tortelli with fish filling. A new kind of pasta dough and even more filling for Rettangoli with grouper and Rettangoli with salmon and dill: both to be savoured in their new version.
Laboratorio Tortellini® and its many surprises was one of the key interest points at the Surgital stand in SIAL 2018. As such, visitors found out some of the company’s innovations, presented below:
A New Motto and New Packaging
This historic brand from Lavezzola comes back with a new motto – “The future is an old story” – and once more proves itself to be the brand carrying the torch of the highest tradition of Italian fresh pasta. And it is indeed “Alta Tradizione” (High Tradition) the new payoff that accompanies the logo, carrying across the message of a company that can mix quality ingredients, delicious dough, and a continuous search for the best recipes in the country’s culinary heritage. By now part of the most famous brands in the catering sector, it came to the SIAL trade fair with brand new packaging as well.
A New Dough
The new communication mood reflects a number of surprises. First and foremost is the introduction of Sfoglia antica, a new type of dough which, together with the quality of raw materials and the continuous search for original yet traditional recipes, is one of the cornerstones of products labelled Laboratorio Tortellini®. The new “Sfoglia antica”, gently veined, soft, and golden as the one kneaded with a rolling pin, is a new product in the range that includes “Sfoglia rustica”, a more rustic and traditional dough, perfect to gather up the sauce, and “Sfoglia trafilata al bronzo”, a bronze-cut dough, very porous and perfect for long and short drawn pasta. This new Sfoglia antica, moreover, can resist the stress of professional kitchens, remaining firm in cooking. This is the highest demonstration of Surgital’s pride in its pasta-making origins.
“New” Eggs as Well
Another important item of news regards the eggs used for all products labelled Laboratorio Tortellini®, as they are now all coming from barn hens: an ethical choice, shared and appreciated by many chefs. A market differentiator that is sure to produce great results.
A New Catalogue
The brand-new catalogue is full of new and revisited products:
- An absolute novelty: Gnocchi Caserecci with beet (in 10 kg boxes; cooking time: 1 min.)
- Sfoglia antica and a new filling for the Raviolacci with ‘nduja pork sausage and Pecorino cheese (in 3 kg boxes; cooking time: 4/5 min.)
- A new size and filling also for Girasoli with mascarpone and walnuts (in 3 kg boxes; cooking time: 5/6 min.)
- A new filling for Fiocchi® with apple and cinnamon (in 3 kg boxes; cooking time: 4/5 min.)
- Sfoglia antica, new size, and a new filling for the Tortelli with fish filling (in 3 kg boxes; cooking time: 4/5 min.)
- Sfoglia antica and more filling for the Rettangoli with grouper and for the Rettangoli with salmon and dill.